My ideal weapon, one that I am hunting at the work bench is a Handmade or Fixer with the following effects.

1st Star -- Anti-Armor. +50% armor piercing. Love this one as it works so well against the toughest enemies. Combined with an AP mag you can get near 100% AP which is awesome

2nd Star -- Hitman's. +25% damage when aiming down the sights. I'm a free aim player mostly, so this dovetails perfectly with my play style. Does not work with scopes, but does work with reflex sights or iron sights.

or

2nd Star -- Rapid. +25% weapons speed, which means fire rate. My Fixer is Anti-Armor and Rapid and it is fantastic.

3rd Star -- Steadfast. +50% Damage Resistance while aiming again dovetails perfectly with my style.

I also will take the following 3rd star effects

VATS Enhanced -- 25% less V.A.T.S. Action Point cost. I don't use VATS much, but this means more shots when I do

Lightweight -- 90% weapon weight reduction. Love it.

Rapid -- 15% Faster Reload. Not bad.

So if I were able to choose, or the weapon I would jump for joy to roll, would be

Anti-Armor, Hitman's, Steadfast as a 3-Star weapon. This is the grail.



To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss