I finished building the molecular relay in Sanctuary. An impressive contraption to be sure. But I did not actually attempt to use it yet.
Hit level 60
At level 60 I had three unspent points. Still unsure how to spend them, I did drop one for the first rank in Science, since that opens up large generators, which I used to power the relay. I don't know that I'll go to rank 4. The fusion generators that Crane is advocating are awesome, 100 power. But nothing I am doing or have planned needs that sort of power. One of those could power everything I've built in all settlements on the map and probably have half left over. But who knows, maybe I'll take more interest in it down the line.
For the first time in those 300 hours I've dropped in to Fallout 4 I was cursing the design team. While out on a mission I found a nice drop, a leg armor piece that grants +2 Luck. it was 16 protection to my current 9. So I thought I'd head back to Sanctuary, and put ultralight and shadowed on it and equip it. But when I did so I saw that to put ultralight on this piece requires Armorer 4 (check) and Pickpocket 2. Pickpocket 2?! What the hell. Why should I need to have dropped two points there to modify a piece of armor? That's silly and so that armor goes in to storage. Shame that. But this is just arbitrary complication that makes no sense. And to top it off, shadowed is not even an option, only Improved for the first slot.
I had noticed my caps on hand had grown to 22,000. So I bought Home Plate. Not needed, but what the hell, right? A place to display my bobbleheads and to crash when I spend the night down the pub I reckon.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss