I hit level 54 after a marathon session yesterday. Currently doing the Brotherhood of Steel questline for the nice power armor you get at the end. .
The Hellcat armor set is quite nice. Its unique trait is that you get 2% additional ballistic damage protection per armor piece so when you are wearing the entire power armor set that's a 10% bonus protection against ballistic damage. I used the Hellcat armor quite a bit until I built the T-65 armor set which statistically is one of the top 2 or 3 armor sets in the entire game.
The Excavator power armor you can get relatively early in the game and it's absolutely great for carrying capacity but it's weak when it comes to combat protection.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/26/2312:17 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”