Fido Iggy Bedlow
Sgt Rfc,
19 Sqn
Estree-Blanche,
Flanders, France.

July 23, 1917.

3 Victory's confirmed.
2 Unconfirmed


Morning Parade: Told my claim was accepted that makes three confirmed.

Posted to a Defensive Patrol Lt. Penland led found a flight of e/a's at the last turn around. The LT had the flight loose height and slow to attack the e/a slightly below.
{ no Speed , no surprise } They hit us with the kitchen sink. We lost 3 Spads shot down and mine got shot up by 1 pesky e/a that I couldn't get away from for Zero enemy. . Shaking like fleas on a dog, with smoke belching out and the left wing also pulling hard downward. To add insult to injury , . I had a warm wet Red spot by the arm pit. I managed to make a hard landing on our side by some Arty chaps.
Attachments
CFS3 2020-07-22 16-14-19-44.jpg CFS3 2020-07-22 16-25-16-52.jpg CFS3 2020-07-22 16-28-41-47.jpg CFS3 2020-07-22 16-31-12-48.jpg

Last edited by carrick58; 07/22/20 11:59 PM.