Nigel Farnsworth Philby
Sgt,
1 Sqn RFC

2 un confirmed

Feb 23,1917.

Business is picking up.

Morning escort 2 Fe's down to Lens, mixed it up with Huns ( 5 e/a's ) Our flight of 8 a/c were high and behind the bombers when a flight of Hun Scouts slashed down in front hitting the Fe's
We dove after them I emptied a drum after one then reloaded watching him. I gave him the old bounce and he smoked and headed down. Turning back to the fight, I had picked up a e/a on my tail so went down on the deck and ran
Losses: 1 Fe,+ 1 pilot from B flight wnd. Claims 2 e/a. My claim was reject as no one else saw it or report a burning a/c near enemy lines.

Afternoon: 2 a/c flight,but my leader returned to base so I went solo out in the Muck. Spotted and tried to attack one of those New Recon types, but lost him in the clouds and darkness.
Attachments
CFS3 2020-02-22 16-31-24-04.jpg CFS3 2020-02-22 16-35-11-78.jpg CFS3 2020-02-22 16-41-41-77.jpg CFS3 2020-02-22 16-44-07-60.jpg CFS3 2020-02-22 17-06-40-78.jpg

Last edited by carrick58; 02/23/20 10:45 PM.