Francois Gaston Pistache
Chevalier de France
Sergant, Esc 90
Mix N-23 and N-24 Bis
Toul, Verdun.

May 21, 1917.

3 victory's
1 unconfirmed

Up with 5 ships for a Escort of B-1's, but didnt get far. We approached the line when 1 Sections 2 a/c got hit by Zee Bosche Scouts ( Kest 7 ?} then they shot through to tangle with the B-1's. I turned to help and was picked off by an Un seen e/a. He shot very well, inside 2 bursts My top wing was holed and the wings aileron flew off in the slip stream leaving me in a full spin headed for Zee Vineyards. I was able to recover just in time to put her down on a farm road. A close one Mon Amie !
After walking most of the afternoon, I ran into a Farmer who offered to help.
Attachments
CFS3 2020-05-20 15-48-18-79.jpg Farmer-Girl-Costume.jpg

Last edited by carrick58; 05/20/20 11:58 PM.