Nigel Farnsworth Philby
Sgt, Rfc
1 Rfc Sqn
Flanders
2 unconfirmed
Bell Asylum, Flanders



April 12, 1917.

Off in the dark skies with scattered rain showers to Patrol. B flt put up 3 , I was tail end on the starboard side. lead by Sgt Reese. Spotted and attacked a flight of 2 Seats instead of attacking one by one or en-mass 2 of our flight attacked as I covered. Our Rovers of 4 a/c never did join in the flay. Reese got # 7. but was wnd so hes out of it for awhile. I zoomed in fired all of a drum load. The e/a staggered the nosed over diving away in the clouds didnt see a fire or crash so didnt claim him. Our # 3 a/c was leaking something then landed in a field on the way back.
Attachments
CFS3 2020-04-11 16-15-33-05.jpg CFS3 2020-04-11 16-17-08-02.jpg CFS3 2020-04-11 16-18-45-77.jpg