1) "Margaux" -- I did not finish this piece of trash. The film is about a murderous house AI, but filled with annoying--I mean gratingly annoying zoomers that know no non-cliched vernacular. So from the start I was having a hard time tolerating their nonsense... But it was when the house AI tried to suggest they go gay by simulating homosexual fantasy conversion that I turned the film off. No. Thank. You. Go away. Into the trash heap. This movie was garbage. Stay away. Although I flipped over to the TV, when I later went to turn off the film I noticed that 75% into the film the main characters were still alive and blabbing away. There was no hope in seeing them wasted, after all. That's the only thing they deserved, too. Zero stars. Now get off my lawn.
2) "The East" -- There's more to this film than meets the eye. On the surface, one my assume it glamorizes ANTIFA like behavior, but the reality is far more subtle, as this entire picture was a message against them. If you're a believer in Christ, you might pick up on a few imbedded, hidden signs in what was one of Tony Scott's last produced films. I applaud this. Most folks will completely miss these nuances, but they are there, and completely change the context of the message. I found myself thinking about this picture afterwards, and that's pretty impressive. The gist is a girl is paid to spy on terrorist groups harassing corporations and rich billionaires, whom do bad things. In reality, yes, companies cut corners and sometimes do despicable things. How one approaches this, and stands up against this, that's what this film is ultimately about. I liked it. Worth watching, as there are parallels to other present day imbalances. *** 1/4 out of **** stars.