There's also the lesser known 84 Charlie MoPic and Iron Triangle, both available for free on Youtube if you don't mind watching them in low resolution.
I was going to say that these two were left out.
I really liked Iron Triangle because it focused on the Viet Cong side of the war.
I also liked 84 Charlie MoPic because while in high school I was thinking about what a 1st person POV Vietnam war movie would be like and then this came out on PBS. The end was really pretty good and had a great twist.
"Tour of Duty" was great, I really liked it and watched it through my high school years. I remember how they used "Paint it Black" in the opening credits but when I got the DVD version and saw it on USA Network, it was replaced with the instrumental theme. Not as good that way. I imagine their license to the Rolling Stones ran out. But there were alot of great scenes and story arcs...and a lot of actors getting their start including
-Kevin Conroy as CAPT Wallace (voiced the Joker in the Batman Animated Series) -Angela Basset as a female officer who gets in a romantic scandal with an elisted man (played Tina Turner in What's Love Got to do With It, Mace in Strange Days, and most recently T'Challa's mother in Black Panther) -Tia Carrere as a captured VC soldier (Played Cassandra, Wayne's girlfriend in Wayne's World and Wayne's World 2) and William Sadler (Death in Bill and Ted's, the villain in Die Hard 2) as an overzealous Major (both in the same episode! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZyh8McsB0I)
My favorite episode was episode 11 "Road Runner"where a USAF pilot was shot down and the platoon has to rescue him. The season finale "The Hill" was also a fave, as well as "Firebase Ladybird."
v6, boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot