Watched the live "All in the Family" broadcast. Actually, I watched the recording I'd made of it on my DVR (ironic, isn't it?).

Wasn't a big fan of the original and only ever saw a scattered handful of episodes, but you couldn't be a young adult in the 1970's without being exposed to it. Not terribly impressed with this offering. The cast came off as doing bad impressions of O'Connor, Stapleton, Reiner, and Struthers. Wanda Sykes as Louise Jefferson actually seemed very natural, but Jamie Foxx tried WAY too hard to mimic Sherman Hemsley, from a rather stupid looking split-level haircut to bouncing his head around so much he looked like a living bobble-head. The obviously effected movements of everyone but Sykes made the whole thing look more like a high school production than a gathering of good actors with probably more than a combined century of professional experience. I couldn't even bring myself to watch the followup live performance of an episode of "The Jeffersons".

I did watch Jennifer Hudson sing the theme song, though. She, and it, was great.


SALUTE TO ALL!