1) "Suburbicon" -- Supposedly this was a Cohen brothers film directed by George Clooney. Not bad, telegraphed a bit too much, and lots was a bit too obvious. More subtlety and red herrings could have gone a long way here. I was going to rate this one a half star higher, but on Monday I couldn't even remember what I watched Friday night, so I'm not going to award that partial star after all. ** 1/2 out of ****
p.s. This film pissed me off with their typical Hollywood misconception of Christians. Once again we have a bunch of racist, hate and violence filled Christians, except this time they're justifying their racism and assault on a black family in the name of God, which is simply stereotypical and wrong. I'm not surprised, coming from Hollywood and especially George Clooney. I did not deduct points for this, though.
.
If you know anything about Clooney's political views this should come with absolutely ZERO surprise.
Now he's busy preaching about "climate change" from his cushy mega-mansion on Lake Cuomo, Italy.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/14/2104:34 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”