Been watching Ted Lasso. I went in totally blind, except for hearing that some writers say they wish they had written it. I had no idea it was football (soccer) focused, I have no interest at all in it, but I stuck with it.

It's a fish-out-of-water comedy-drama about a goofy US football coach who has been drafted into coaching a failing UK soccer team, despite not knowing anything about the game. Doesn't sound too interesting, but the force of his character really is the driving, erm. force.

I have to say, as initially skeptical as I was when I found out it was somewhat soccer-centric, I think it might be the best television I've seen in 5 years. By episode 3 I was locked in. By episode 5 I was invested. It just made me feel good.

First season is a ripper. Second season is a little blander but still has peaks. I'm about to start season 3. Highly recommend.

Best to go in blind IMO.

Last edited by DM; 09/09/26 08:55 AM.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."