Took the wife to see Project Hail Mary this Friday. She liked The Martian back when that came out, but other than this being «some sci-fi movie based on a book,» she had no idea about the plot, characters or anything. She loved it, and I did too. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I am biased, having read the book three times, but I really liked what they did with this movie. Great acting, great sets, lots of practical effects, and a story that stayed closer to the source material than any movie I have seen in a long time. It’s well worth catching it on the big screen, as it has some great scenes that deserve a good sound system and a big canvas.
Will watch it again immediately when it is released on streaming services.
In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!