2) "After Hours" -- Wow. Forgotten 80s Scorsese crime/drama/black comedy gem. This was one of the finest I have ever seen, and I believe the first over 3.5 star rating I will give to a film in probably the last few years... that I have never seen before. This was special. Too bad it was an 80s film, and not a modern one, but whatever. This one delivered. Basically a story of a date gone awry as the main characters undertake a meandering journey through New York night life. *** 3/4 out of **** stars. I could almost rate this a perfect four... I might change my rating.
I've seen quite a few Scorcese films but I've never even heard of this one. I may check it out some day. Ha! John Heard and Catherine O'Hara were both in it! This was 5 years before they teamed up again for Home Alone.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”