Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I saw the last episode of "Dexter: New Blood" last night...


Wow.


Semi spoilers follow...

Considering the original series "Dexter," the ending of "New Blood" is a contender for the best end to a series of all time, right up there with "Breaking Bad." "New Blood" is easily a 4 out of 4 stars. This the best of the best. Shows do not get any better than this. I am very sad that Dexter is over, again. A second time. But unlike the first, there's no chance of Dexter coming back. The writing is extremely strong.

If it weren't for the weak seasons 6 and 7 of the original series, "Dexter" overall might even be the best show of all time, but alas, I'd rank it in the top 3 or 5 easy without hesitation. There's so much good to be said of this series, despite the grim subject matter. Must watch if you're into crime/mystery/suspense. The series, like "Mr. Robot," achieves a quality only seen in true literature. Not genre fiction. Literature. Super high quality stuff.


You have piqued my interest for this. Did start watching the original back when it came out but kinda lost interest after first few episodes and never bothered to return. Your recommendation makes me think I was wrong, maybe wasn't in right frame of mind at time. Loved his other show Six Feet Under though.