2.5 doesn't have a memory leak, it has an unoptimized high memory use probably due to a new feature chunk. I'm sue it's little consolation as both can cause a game crash. If you have enough RAM (which sometimes I don't) it's not an issue. If you don't have enough RAM it might as well be a leak. It has bugs and feature mistakes from trivial to rather glaring. I can sit in the cockpit of many supposedly complete modules and points at dozens of mistakes.

But remember the origin of this discussion: Ice doesn't like the Beta-Release two branch scheme. He says what's the point of two branches if both suck. Right now I will play R-branch but won't play OB-branch. OB is unplayable to me. OB has so many bugs that RB doesn't have. I know that's a personal cutoff threshold but I can't only speak for my own experience. Sticking to the RB historically has been much much much less headache than the usual, how do I say this without violating some forum rule, zealous insistence to try to play OB as if it was RB. I maintain that the multi-branch scheme is a good one and has provided much benefit to DCS compared to the single-branch approach.