Originally Posted by - Ice
Originally Posted by Flogger23m
I think we can extend that to just about any sim or modular type of game. DCS, ArmA, obviously Star Citizen. FSX from what I am told feels similar due to needing various 3rd party modules which are all developed at difference paces. Perhaps IL-2 BoS is the exception to this rule in modern sims? Far from ideal but sadly I think it has become expected for anything slightly related to this genre.


In addition to what Paradaz said, I think you're confusing RELEASED games that are then patched/tweaked/fine tuned with ED's perpetual-beta status.


And how is that different from the titles I mentioned? ArmA 3 was in alpha/beta for well over a year, the campaign released even later, and many of the fixes and improvements came well over two years post release. Star Citizen will end up being the same, as stated years ago. FSX and its derivatives are essentially the same in regards to many of the 3rd party projects. They're all on going projects that will never have the quality equally superb in every aspect. They're partially developed, released, small bits added on, small bits then revamped, then later other bits are updated, ect.

I'd rather go back to a traditional release style myself. All of these games, especially simulator type of games, are never feature complete and the quality varies wildly.