Originally Posted by - Ice
So it's not really a laptop but a portable desktop smile


We're playing the semantics game again. At the end of the day it _is_ a laptop that anyone could buy. Yes, it is expensive compared to your average lappy from Dell or the like but let's be honest... No "serious" simulation player would put up with a business laptop unless they have to (even those are now getting fast enough to play DCS comfortably i.e. MS Surface Book). I'm using it primarily as a development machine. The fact that it plays games nicely is an added bonus.

My laptop is an average desktop by today's standards. The impression that the usual suspects here are trying to create is that DCS is somehow a resource-hog whereas in reality, it plays great on an average system. Plenty of things that need to be improved upon or need fixing but that is not what we're discussing here. Also, I find the official forums to be fine. I've been critical in the past and my posts have never been deleted. It is important _how_ you word things though. Even when you have an issue with one of the moderators, things can usually be cleared up by emailing them directly and asking for clarification. These are not 'bad' people.

BTW; I added 'grass' to the graphics options and it doesn't make one bit of difference with regards to framerate.


"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage..."