I solo about half the time in EFT, and I'd estimate half my solo runs are as a scav, the other half as my main character. With the scav cooldown timer back to 25 minutes wait, post-event, doing 1 for 1 works well. So far, my son and I manage 2-3 character missions in the evening (he works days, and I'm retired) and 1-2 scav runs. Our forays last anywhere from 2 minutes to around 30 minutes-- depends how badly our fights go lol. Currently my stash is full up because I haven't learned what's important to keep for building/crafting versus what's good to sell (and to whom). That's a slow process. There is a lot of informational layers there for the learning. Not built the shooting range in EFT yet, just using field testing for the time-being until I unlock the range. I'm hoping for a reloading bench (not sure if there is that capability). I've come across a couple of older model bolt actions, as well as a couple of really nice semi-auto rifles that I love using but the ammo supply is super limited because they're odd calibers. I love the ability to repack mags. I had found a box of tracer ammunition so I was able to re-pack a mag with a 1:3 ratio or 1 tracer, 3 full metal jackets, repeat until mag is full. Being able to repack while in the field is good too, especially if you are low on mags and you have a pocket full of loose brass. I'm really enjoying the granularity and the slower pace this game offers despite the frustrations at times. The frustrations are mainly being unaware I can do something or can't do something because of game mechanics. The inevitable dying and gear loss doesn't bother me other than being annoyed because I F'd up. I also don't look at the stats much, like K:D, or Accuracy as they really tell you nothing, at least in EFT. I've gone through runs where I'm not there to kill, simply to find something important I need- get in, get out. Whether I croak or not, in that run, affects the game stats but the stats don't necessarily reflect the actuality. And to be honest, in EFT that's one less thing I want to be worried about, or having that affect my decision making which might cloud judgement and lead to a bad death. Survival % might be the only useful one haha (this is not a crack on your KD stats, DB- those are great!)
There is a really good video talking about the psychology and can be applied to most extraction games I'd think.
Last edited by Leaf85; 07/03/2605:46 PM.
Currently simming; GHPC, Tank Squad, Panzer Elite, and one train sim: Run 8. Trying to escape Tarkov, and roaming around in Incursion' Red River.
Also, Strat-O-Matic basketball season replay 2024 NBA season (Go Raptors! table-top version...with real dice) Gimme da rock!
"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast