It is cool. I really like GZW, I played for four hours, just doing missions. Having players in the map is great. I had a mission to kill 10 enemies in the nearest town to the starter base. Helicopter insertion some distance away and made my way to the town. There were two teams of two players each in the same town. The soundscape with the individual firefights cracking around you is amazing. I was grinning. I watch a lot of combat footage, including the videos of Chosen Company for example and gunfire sounds like firecrackers, right? Small caliber rifle fire does, at least in those videos. The rounds crack and sizzle past. They snap. Distance and obstructions changes it a bit, and that's just how it sounds here. I always say that distant gunfire is cool in games like this, and it is, and here the sounds it throws in to the mix is really cool. It's random, and builds and fades. It's all organic and not piped in like elevator music. Clearing the town with five players involved was a lot of fun. None of the three groups were working together, but it all had this effect. Running low on ammo I moved to the LZ and extracted by Little Bird

Over the past couple of months I've tried out four extraction shooters plus Reforger. Road to Vostok, Incursion Red River, Escape from Tarkov and now Gray Zone Warfare. I've found things to like it all of them so far, but right now I think GZW suits me best. I'll play them all, and probably add more, but this is the vibe I like. The base is cool too because it's a hub for the other players in your faction, and the air operations are constant as the helos arrive and depart to take players to and from their landing zones. Our faction has four of them and they are workhorses. They fly fast and low. Haven't noticed being fired on yet. One of the complaints that made me hold off on GZW is that players would often arrive at their objective to find someone had already killed the enemy and looted everything, but so far, in just a few hours, mind, I've not run in to this and there are plenty of enemy. I'm on the east coast USA server and at peak time I reckon and it's populated, but not too much, and frankly having those other players around makes the experience better.

I had purchased the Tactical Edition which adds some storage and gear. After playing a few hours I bought the Supporter edition to upgrade it and get all the stuff. I'll be playing this one a lot

For Tarkov, I believe I read that each attachment has to be insured. If you insure a gun and then change the attachment the new parts are not covered. Insure All should work, or that's what I read. About your connection issues, that's too bad, but hopefully they won't be persistent. I've not had any troubles yet in Tarkov, aside from surviving I guess. I did have one disconnect in GZW. I had just finished that mission to kill 10 enemy in town and was heading back to base. I was sure I'd be screwed and have to do it all over again, but the game saved the progress and since I was back at base when I re-launched it considered the mission complete, which was nice.

Last edited by DBond; 06/29/26 01:21 AM.

To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss