Ran a scav mission this morning to get warmed up. With the event done, it's back to being sure of who you are shooting at. If you hear English being spoken it's most likely a USEC PMC, plus they tend to wear more browns, almost dryland camo. BEAR PMC usually are dressed in black or mostly black and look like they're carrying superior gear. They also tend not to crouch. I've seen scavs wearing black, but they're usually set off by something colorful. like a red beanie or blue backpack- and something usually that looks out of place. Also, scavs tend to crouch a lot. So far that's what I'm basing my target choices on. After the scav run on Ground Zero, my son and I headed for Customs. It's a great map, and it shows why it's one of the communities favorite maps. We concentrated at the Dorms buildings as my son had a mission to complete there. We ended up taking out eleven enemies, a mix of PMCs and rebel scavs (which really clouds the rules of engagement lol). Discovered the benefits of hand grenades in EFT- there are several types of grenades, including stun, and explosive. All I had with me was a single Russian hand grenade (3 second fuse) and I rolled it out into the street just as a team of three PMC enemies ran up to the main doors. The shrapnel hit all three, knocked two of them down, and so it was easy to finish them off. Other than a couple more close quarters kills, we probably engaged at 50-75 meters. We took incoming at one point from a sniper PMC (USEC) who was waaaaaay up on the scaffolding of one of the very tall refinery tanks. Luckily I'd brought my scoped Mosin. Took a careful aim and put a round through his head. Stats page showed it was 190m distance to the headshot, so probably my longest shot so far. As I get more used to the scopes in the game I'm going to challenge myself to get some longer shots in as I want to see how subtle the windage is. Last mission before the T-storms broke was a scav mission and I broke my rule of 'Listen to your gut'. I'd scavenged a corpse and found 90,000 r on the body...I was like 'Extract!' but was convinced to stick around haha. You can gather how that went. Boom. I said to my son, grab the cash off my corpse, "Okay Pops" and then he was down. LOL

On a side note, something we noted was when you get close to a mission location/object location a small gray circular reticle will appear- the reticle is quartered. as you get closer it lightens up, and as you start looking for the item, etc., a section will light up (right/left/up/down), if all 4 quarters light up you are looking directly at the objective (or where it would be, if say, it's in a filing cabinet or whatever).

Last edited by Leaf85; 07/01/26 11:50 PM.

Currently simming;
GHPC, Tank Squad, Panzer Elite, and one train sim: Run 8.
Trying to escape Tarkov, and roaming around in Incursion' Red River.

Also, Strat-O-Matic basketball season replay 2024 NBA season (Go Raptors! table-top version...with real dice) Gimme da rock!

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast