Are you able to tell scavs from PMCs? With the scav event over I should try scav runs again. As it was I felt like I needed to wait to see if they shot at me, and that is not a great plan really. I'd like to have the success you are having Leaf. Keep it up, it's inspiring. I feel bad that I was all like, come play so we can progress together, then I played it for two days, bought GZW, and went over there.

I went over there because GZW has really clicked for me. Part of this is how much success I am having. I feel smooth, lethal, in control, a professional and I cannot say the same in Tarkov, where I felt hunted, fumbling, a novice. I like that challenge, and I will return to Tarkov as I'd love to be a grizzled veteran in that game.

Gray Zone got its hooks in, mostly through seamless play, cool air ops, smooth gunplay and great graphics. It is perfectly suited to the lone wolf sort of game play I like so much. I went a long time before dying for the first time, but still that is my only demise. Let my guard down for just a instant and got whacked. On the other side of that ledger is 230 kills, so that's a nice K/D ratio, 230:1. Much of this is down to playing the starter region, where the enemies are street thugs, armed with Scorpion SMGs and handguns. I have finished this region and moved on, to find much more well-equipped enemies, with AKs, tactical rigs, plate carriers and so on. There are still a lot of stationary sentries, but also more roving patrols and it's quite a bit more dangerous than the beginner area. A few times I've choppered out all shot up, but made it back and that's as good as a win.

The loot in GZW is fairly weak, not a lot of good stuff to find, at least so far. I don't think I am actually using anything I've found in the field so far. Buying the top edition of the game got me some good gear, and that is carrying me, plus what I can buy at the vendors (binoculars). I've been running a M4 the entire time and ready for a new primary.

Here's a video to get an idea of how it plays



To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss