Nice, I know zero about GZW so I look forward to your commentaries as always.

I've completed the first basic missions from the group of traders that we've managed to unlock-- Therapist, Ragman, and Skier. Also have completed a side mission for each. That must have triggered the 'game' to send a set of rewards (2 pcs of Body Armor). Also filled out the survey form (not that I could say much lol) that was asking about the hideout features and the 'game' sent me a whole bunch of bits for upgrading. So far, in the hideout, I've only managed to get the 1st level done for the 'security' feature (lol it puts a basic door in the frame at the stairwell) and managed to get the generator functioning (all it took was finding a sparkplug) but now I need fuel. I'm going to make a list of all the bits I need to achieve the first levelling of each specific area (like I need soap and tooth paste for the lavatory). This is where the scav play must shine since excluding the current event we fell into where scavs are fighting scavs along with everyone else, outside of the scav event apparently it's important to not shoot other scavs (you lose rep with 'Fence' if you do). So that means 'enemy recognition' becomes paramount. That's a 'learn on the job' thing, so I'll figure my rep will yo-yo a bit over the next while post event.

I ran one successful scav raid this morning and only wished I had paid more attention- I shot and killed one scav near the truck park at the Mall, and later killed a Bear PMC dude on my way to the railyard extract on the Interchange Map. The PMC fella had some great gear but I was full up and running out of time so I left it. I also should have tried to see what made him stand apart from a few scavs I've seen wearing black. So much to think about haha. On the second scav mission I ran let me say I learned a valuable lesson. Always remember to check your weapon- check the chamber, the mag if it has one, the loads, and whether it's malfunctioned. I loaded in to the IDEA store area of The Mall with what looked like an old American burp gun. Mag was present and I assumed the game would send me in with full ammo. Yeah. Nope. I got three shots off into an enemy over near the restaurant whacking him but I forgot to check my mag (I mean, hey, three rounds down, right?), He had a partner that I missed seeing and we exchanged fire...or at least he did. My weapon wouldn't fire and by the time I realized my mistake, I was in a world of hurt. D.E.D dead. LOL

EFT can be horribly unforgiving...but at least you get to respawn.

Last edited by Leaf85; 06/29/26 07:21 PM. Reason: fft and missing sentences...

Currently simming;
GHPC, Tank Squad, Panzer Elite, and one train sim: Run 8.
Trying to escape Tarkov, and roaming around in Incursion' Red River.

Also, Strat-O-Matic basketball season replay 2024 NBA season (Go Raptors! table-top version...with real dice) Gimme da rock!

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast