I was going to mention ARMA as well in the previous post, but didn't. Yeah, I get it if people prefer it, if they see it as the apex milsim shooter. But I do not. I own every ARMA title, but haven't played for a long time, aside from Reforger which I picked up a few months ago. I prefer games like Red River and Gray Zone. ARMA does combined arms and that's a massive strength, I admit. But the 'boots on the ground' aspect I keep referring to just isn't as good. Or maybe more accurately, I don't enjoy it as much. It's old and plays like it. It has a small active group here at SimHQ as far as I know.
And where extraction shooters set themselves apart is how firearms are implemented. ARMA doesn't have this level of customization, does it? All of these games can co-exist, and I won't knock someone if they prefer ARMA. I did too at one point.
I watched those videos too, and holy sh!t Bodycam looks outrageously good. We talked about combat footage, and no game has ever done it like this. Some of that looks exactly like the trench fighting in Ukraine. It's amazing and I immediately wishlisted it and was going to just pull the trigger. But one thing made me hold off. It looks great in nearly every way, and does a fantastic job of making it feel real. But the gameplay mode is PvP, which isn't bad in itself. But reading the steam reviews I got a sense that the pacing is off. Rather than a slow, tactical thing, the game is endless spawn-die-respawn at a fast pace. If this game adds a PvE mode, me (and friends) against bots, I'm all over it. I will probably pick it up regardless and have a go because honestly it looks amazing even if the game play isn't ideal. Like most of the games we are talking about this one is also still in EA so we will see how it evolves. But man, that footage was fabulous. And they have FPV drones too I think. Not that I think that is good necessarily, but brings another level of authenticity to it.