I think they should have simply scrapped the kickstarter project, refunded the 150k and scrapped the associated rewards. Then simply develop what they feel is a viable project under their own terms. Especially in light of the fact that it appears to be financially non viable.
This would have be the correct thing to do in relation to KS terms of use and their own finances. Why flog a dead horse?
I've requested a refund. However in light of their attitude to date I suspect I'll have to raise it with KS direct. It appears to me to be pretty black & white. KS T&Cs clearly state if the project is funded refunds should be given if the developer is unable or unwilling to honour all rewards promised. This is THE fundamental principle behind KS. When i posted the relevant T&Cs on the ED forum in response to users claiming KS backers have no protection from unfulfilled rewards my post was deleted and I was given a forum infraction warning, extremely disappointing. As a long time supporter of ED, having purchased every product they have released, this has left a very sour taste.
Agreed. Say what you want about the 6 modules for 40 bucks deal, that's what was on the table and motivated people to give money for something they wouldn't see for years. ED knew of the plans RRG had, they didn't question it (or at least object to something they themselves say is nonviable) despite Luthier's past history in flight sims. They then moved in and took over everything that had been accomplished, and even hired most of the RRG devs. For all intentions and purposes, that means they have benefited almost 100% from the KS money. And now they act like they're doing the pledgers a favour by doing this, and uses it as a justification to drastically alter the rewards, offering zero refunds.
Let me know how KS replies. 40 dollars for two modules is certainly a decent deal, but considering the semi-scams surrounding this, I'm not that tempted to buy many more DCS modules at all, and certainly no WW2 ones what so ever. At this stage, I'm pretty sure I'll pass completely on everything ED makes themselves, and look to 3rd party developers for modules.