Originally Posted By: Gambit21
I was just thinking - funny that European Air War back in the day came closer to what some of us are really looking for than anything since as far as immersion goes.
No developer has bothered taking what this old sim did and running with it. Kind of odd really.
Developers seem plenty able and willing to give us WWII planes, but nobody is interested in giving us WWII it seems.
Falcon 4.0 attempted to give us a Korean War (I was one of those who purchased the CD/binder on release day) - no developer has tried to bring us a fleshed out conflict like that since.

It's just strange that after all this time, we're still wanting for that "being there" experience. If you would have asked be back then if we'd have WWII or even modern jet flight sim nirvana by now, I would have bet on it.



Agreed. Someone will be quick to point out that the dynamic campaign in Falcon pretty much busted Microprose. I would say that a dynamic campaign for DCS doesn't have to be as ambitious as Falcon to be well received. Even though it's kinda sim-lite�the Strike Fighters series has a functional campaign system that is different for the most part when you play it over again.

The thing that I like about the SF campaign though is the amount of AI flights and battles going on around you that makes it feel like a war zone. This is something I wish DCS would work more on instead of just adding more plane modules with a canned linear campaign.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"