I was disappointed that the AH-64 was not the immediate follow on to the initial Ka-50 project. The A-10C was a pretty good consolation prize, but I've always loved rotor operations, so the AH-64 would be greatly loved on my computer. I've probably spent more time playing rotor sims (LB2, EECH, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8) than any other. The awesome heli-dynamics are a huge selling point of this sim. But, I do understand people longing for a fast jet fighter with DCS level of modeling. Personally, I wouldn't be all that jazzed about an F-15C with all the bells and whistles (full DCS modeling), but an F-15E..yeah, I'd buy one of those.
Glad we are back to talking like friends and enthusiasts. That other stuff sucked.
BeachAV8R
I think an AH-64 would of been great but the F18C is a smart choice I think. You give pretty much everybody what they want. Carrier ops/Land ops/Interception/Dogfighting/Ground pounding/SEAD, etc. They can appeal to the most people with it.
Agree that a pure A2A fighter wouldn't of excited me as much.