Originally Posted By: Force10
Well then�I guess there is nothing to stop:

An individual to set up a dummy company�promise rewards and collect Kickstarter funds
Fold his dummy company after a period of time�than turn over the assets the Kickstarter funds created to his real company
Not be responsible for any rewards promised


There are laws against fraud, so, yes, there's definitely something to put a stop to such a thing.

Quote:
I'm guessing the ED mod team don't see this as a problem for gamers�it's kinda setting a president for gamers to truly get swindled in the future. I guess that's what happens when your not really a gamer anymore.


ED isn't in the business of protecting people from their own investments, be they successful or not. KS is an investment. You hand over your money for a promise that may or may not be successful. KS' rules about refunds are neat and all, but guess what happens if that money's gone: Yep, you don't get to see any of it. And there's nothing that KS or the investor can do anything about it.

People who were paid out of that KS money aren't going to return it. Luthier isn't going to return it. I doubt ED has the slightest inclination of paying it out of their own pockets either, especially since they were not the ones to make promises.

Last edited by GrayGhost; 07/15/14 07:04 PM.

--
44th VFW