Howdy All, Just out of curiosity, can someone throw me a bone on why so much negative vibes ref. Luthier ? What has he done / not done ? He is the Nick Leeson of the flight sim development community?
Cheers, Slug
He started with Il-2 and his first major project was Pacific Fighters, which was supposed to be done totally 3rd party...but ran into difficulties and Oleg's team had to team up with them to get it finished and patched. Then he joined Oleg's team until Oleg left at some nebulous point in CloD's development (ie we don't know EXACTLY when) and he took over...and CloD came out horrible.
Now this.
I cannot comment on luthier's skills as a coder/programmer/sim maker. I've no evidence of anything he's done right or wrong, to draw a conclusion. I don't know if he made mistakes that caused delays, or it was people working for him that screwed up, only they know for sure.
HOWEVER...I think it can be simply stated his management skills are sorely lacking. He can have all the best intentions in the world, but I don't think he should run any project nearly this size. After this, you can bet the odds are he won't.
The Jedi Master
The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter