When it rains, it....
Sorry, but only UPT grads will understand following...
My 88 went fine, except for two things. When recovering, I received vectors with heading and altitude. As I set heading to EFIS and turned, I slowly started descending and attempted to query ATC for altitude. Unfortunately, before I could reply to ATC with numbers, someone stepped on me and started to talk over me. As I waited for clear space on UHF to clarify my altitude, IP took jet from me. I descended by 300+ feet from my assigned altitude. Hook number one.
Then in pattern, I was past initial watching dude go from high key to low key. He was about to call low key and I heard RSU call "over numbers, break <step>". I was past 3,000 feet thinking they cleared me to break but as I started, they said "roll out". As I started rolling out, IP took jet. Hook number two. RSU said "over the numbers, break departure end". Throw SA as a hook and that's three unsats.
Monday I have 87 and probably next day 89. Extremely sad to see my dream being flashed down toilet...but I need to recover and quickly get my mental status under control.
I requested to do RSU tour to just monitor pattern and build SA. Also, now I'm going to quickly write down ATC directions before complying with them.
Also, if I'm not sure that I'm cleared to break - it will be "break point - straight through"
Unbelievable....unbefrakenlievable!