Sim, I've actually talked to pilots who absolutely love flying those big transports. Their feelings are that all those guys flying fighters spend most of their time just training to fight, while the "trash haulers" are out there every day working hard and getting people and cargo where they need to be. Of course, there's probably a wanna be fighter pilot in just about every cockpit, even if they won't admit it! Air Force choppers don't fight, though, as far as I know....correct? So, ironically, if you jumped into helicopters you might find yourself, "hauling trash." You could always wind up in rescue, of course, and that could really be exciting. Good luck, whatever way it goes. I can't imagine that there would be any flying assignment that would be bad!
"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace." Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia
|