T-38 waiting for take off. I bet that open canopy is nice when hot weather comes in.
Damn skippy! Our A/C sucks when on the ground (ain't that great in the air either...).
Let you in on a little secret about AETC checkrides:
Ain't no such thing as a perfect one...99% of the time, you will probably do something that could cause you to bust. That's why the "momentary deviation" parameter exists...it allows the check IP to use his discretion to determine if you bust or not.
What matters to me isn't just absolute performance...it's how well you recover from a gaff (as long as it isn't safety of flight critical) and execute the rest of the sortie. If you fall to pieces after the initial gaff, there is a larger problem involved than a simple deviation.
FC
Yeah, I learned that from previous checkrides on T-6 side. Flack up - recover and press. While flying don't think about what just happened, just think ahead.
I see you're using David Clark headsets..are those the regular 13.4s, or the ANR modded ones, forgot the model name. I recently bought myself a Bose Aviation X headset, and I will never use a David Clark again if I can help it! The Bose is so much lighter, has a much, much smaller clamping pressure, and is far more comfortable to wear with sunglasses. With DCs, I usually felt very uncomfortable around the top of my ear because of the clamping pressure. No such thing with the Bose. And of course there's the ANR. Just brilliant!
Those are given to us and we are not allowed to switch to any other type/brand. I personally think those things are horrible pile of manure. At times, entire rubber ear piece would full off and I'm forced to reattach it. Kind of inconvenient...