I don't think combat flight sim's would be dead, perhaps a lot WORSE off I would agree with. The delays are frustrating yes, but I very much still appreciate what I have now in DCS and BMS.
Easily disproved.
You have two products. One is good, one is bad. So overall, it's 50% good. You have one product and it is good. So overall, 100% good. Just because there is choice does not mean it's better than less (or no) choices.
Originally Posted By: David_OC
In a year or two this will all be in the past (I hope). Yes things can always be better, this will never end.
No. In a year or two we may finally have the Hornet. On Beta. Then it'll be a whole new can of worms that'll be opened. It'll be different, sure. I pray it will be better. But I'm not holding my breath.
Originally Posted By: David_OC
2.5 merge with the NEW engine, then and with a lot more polishing over the next few years, yes just like BMS has done with F4 over many years, there will be no going back me thinks.
You've obviously not been here when DCS A10C was in Beta. IMHO that was a much better product then. Further view distance, better fps, no stutters when bombs go off....
Originally Posted By: David_OC
One big thing BMS has got tho because of the lower fidelity with the maps lets them make very large areas plus with the bubble so performance stays good. I do like this about BMS, I still think it wont outweigh the smaller high fidelity maps and aircraft of DCS with VR and Carrier Ops.
With a fast mover like the Hornet and Eagle, you'll want bigger maps if you want more realistic missions. Fuel management, A-A refuelling, etc. are all part of mission planning.