Originally Posted By: - Ice
Personally, I could not fly the missions I created because I already "knew the story" and it was like watching a movie while I already know the ending. Or endings.


Yes, that became a problem for me at some point. My way around was to create a massive library and trying to build in such a way that all I could know for sure would be the kind of thing you would expect in a briefing. Example, you'd know that enemy fighters would try to intercept you, so I'd put something like 10 different enemy flights, give them random groupings with different triggers to simulate different tactics, and put them at different airfields with different timings. Very time intensive though.




Originally Posted By: Troll
I guess what I'm saying is that my perfect sim has a scripted career campaign, with dynamic elements. I want the missions that mattered, not the ones spent on station in a racetrack pattern, waiting for something to happen...

Does that make sense to anyone? smile


I've come to the conclusion that this is what I'd prefer as well. DC isn't a deal breaker for me. I personally prefer the control offered in DCS mission building. Campaign wise, my biggest wish is essentially a better way to manage mission selection. I need a way to keep missions from repeating, and I don't want failures to prevent progress. You don't get to retry in real life.