Originally Posted By: ricnunes

The Mi-8 "was" (I would say "is" but "was" is probably more correct) developed by a company named Belsimtek but who is really Belsimtek?? My gut feeling (and note that this is only a personal opinion or again a "gut feeling") is that Belsimtek is indeed ED with a different name (a sort of a proof of concept and advertising for the supposed "3rd party support").

It is well known that Belsimtek are former ED employees and benefit greatly from that past relationship. They are a separate entity.


Originally Posted By: ricnunes

And even if I'm wrong it's well know that there's a big involvement of ED in ALL and EVERY DCS module made by ANY third party. DCS is definitely NOT like (or not as "modular" as) FSX or SF2 where third can develop their addons without any "intervention" by the core game development team!

So yes and like it or not, ED is involved with DCS Mi-8 as it is with any other (third part made) DCS module!
Actually DCS is as modular as FSX. The difference is if you want "paid-official-3rd party status" you have to abide by whatever rules and contracts you agree to with ED.

I have never seen said documents, thus I cannot discuss those details any further.


Originally Posted By: ricnunes

Force10, already replied that for me. But even if your line of though was correct it is well known that ED took over the entire WWII project and as soon as ED decided this (to take over DCS WWII) this means that ED is now the full and only responsible for the DCS WWII project (for both good and bad)!

Yes, ED is now responsible for the WW2 development. ED is not responsible for what took place prior to that acquisition.

Originally Posted By: ricnunes

Which gets me back to my original point. Every "process" related to DCS has ED involved at some level or another. ED resources are very limited and there's an insane number of "processes" related to DCS which again means that ED's resources are already stretch thin (and very thin!).

I agree that I think ED could be running thin after taking over the WW2 project; another reason I wished they never touched it.

Originally Posted By: ricnunes

Of course I'm concerned with that I THINK is important TO ME. I'm a customer and as such I use my own money, so sorry if I'm thinking about my own concerns and not about yours!
There's a difference between thinking about yourself and typing on the internet like everyone agrees with you and ED should only do what you think is important.

Originally Posted By: ricnunes

Anyway, with your point it seems you completely missed out my point and as such I won't post again what I posted here in several posts. What I can advise you is that you READ ALL my previous post. Maybe you could learn something (or maybe not).
Your point was to bash ED, that is all I got out of it. I'm not going to go and read your incessant whining when you post zero facts and don't even consider other opinions than your own. Further you can go back and read all of my posts and learn a thing or too as well. Since you want to think that your dribble is of any importance in the greater scheme of things...

Originally Posted By: ricnunes

"Some flaws", really???
If you think that decade long delays
I hate delays too! What has been delayed for a decade? You do know what a decade is - yes? Maybe you were just being facetious and embellishing, which does little to prove anything you type as you have proven that you will type patently false statements.

Originally Posted By: ricnunes

DCS modules that perpetually stay in Alpha/Beta state despite charging money for them than "whatever suits your fancy".
Again, maybe you have a hard time understanding things that you read... What ED module is in beta for a long period of time that is not currently finished?

So you think ED should give you access to a module that you have not paid for? If ED, clearly, identifies that a module is available for sale for early-access, typically alpha/beta, then what is there to complain about? YOU have a choice to pay money to get early access or YOU can wait until it is fully released.

This is no different than EA or any other developer giving early access to those who pre-order their games as well. Now if ED stated a module was released, as in finished, and it really was only in an alpha state - well then you would have a valid complaint.



Originally Posted By: ricnunes
For me this far more than a simple "some flaws" but each one on its own rolleyes

No one will argue that ED is flaw-free. I think the difference is some people are more adult about it than others in the manner by which they discuss things. Every delay has been given justification; whether you like it or not, or whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant.

Last edited by Revelation78; 10/11/16 08:19 PM.