I was thinking about this the other day. DCSW has aircraft from WWII, Korea and up to modern day.
Exactly what historic scenario can you create with all these toys in the sandbox that has accurate terrain, ground units, naval and air?
I came up with zero. You can't do WWII, Korea, Falklands, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom...zip. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
No, you're not wrong. You might not be able to re-create historical scenarios. Nothing's stopping you from creating realistic scenarios.
No, I take that back. You can recreate the Georgian war as well as some parts of the Czechnyan ones, and with NNTR, you can recreate Red Flags. Those count as historic scenarios
Quote:
So you may be right about users not knowing how to make good missions...but apparently some of the guys that do know how to make realistic missions aren't doing it anymore.
Plenty of people are creating missions, and a bunch are making money off of them. This doesn't make the statement untrue, but it might make your implied conclusion incorrect.
The simple fact is that hand-crafted missions take a lot of work, and that's a barrier to entry.