Originally Posted By: Sobek


... AAA titles don't announce release dates either until they are close to release.




Maybe and I repeat MAYBE, ED should start doing the same, eh?


The problem with ED is that they seem to be unable to learn anything from their mistakes! Now, why is that?
- Is it because they have the perception that they own the "monopoly" of combat flight sims and as such they simply don't care?
- Is it because (and in tandem with the point above) it's more profitable to spend more resources to make "campaign DLCs" than to spend these same resources fixing the actual game even because the "fans" are always with ED no matter what and as such ED has nothing to lose?
- Is because of pure and sheer incompetence?
- Too many projects with little resources, namely human resources (or resuming complete loss of focus)?

Anyway, I believe that if ED continues with this same track than I have very few doubts that it will bankrupt/go out of business rather soon! And why do I say this? Because if any other company/business followed the same "business strategy" as ED it would already have gone bankrupt/out of business by now.

ED is enjoying a sort of "state of grace" due to the support of the fan(atics?) but this is situation that won't last forever if nothing changes with the ED strategy, that is.

And that's all I have to say about the subject for now.