Originally Posted By: Nate
I will be ecstatic, if anybody can achieve what they're aiming to do, quicker.


I would settle for if when they say "we will release X on this date," that they actually do it.


Originally Posted By: EightBall
Yup, ED will most likely be the only currently active developer still around at that time.


Unlikely. More likely would be some other group like the BMS devs pick up the peices and put ED to shame.


Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
I don't think you know EDs long term goal, I'm not sure ED are 100% sure of their long term goal outside of their military contracts. As a consumer product, these study sim planes make zero financial sense. They take years to develop, They are not what the consumer wants, let's be honest, given the choice of the l-39 or an F-16, who would chose the l-39? If it wasn't a military contract there's no way they'd make money on that choice. Given the choice of Nevada or Afghanistan who would chose Nevada?
If ED were given a military contract tomorrow to model the F35 for military training the Hornet and everything else would be put on hold. That's the way it is. ED are not an entertainment company. There really is no long term goal for the consumer product.


Given the choice between the Gazelle or the Apache, which one do you think would sell out faster? This has boggled my mind for ages. Given the right selection of aircraft and theatres, ED could probably print out their own money. But instead, they choose to go on all sorts of branching directions. Excellent input, Johnny! +1,000!


Originally Posted By: Paradaz
It's frustrating and disappointing at the same time because they do release good products (eventually). I just fear that the so-called 'vision' of DCS will never ever be realised. Lets be honest, given how long its taken to get to the stage they are at now and it's still only the tip of the iceberg I don't think our grandkids will get all the fun either. God forbid an engine upgrade into DX13 in 5 years time.......


I loved the A-10C. I bought BS2 as support for ED; I had little interest in the Shark but ED showed so much promise and potential at that time. And the Hog and the Shark are indeed very, very good products! It's just sad and disappointing that everything else has fallen behind.