The study sim planes are fantastic but they're too complex and expensive to use for an air combat sim.
Huh? I ran with a VAS for over a year in DCS. We did weekly coops with groups for every single aircraft available sans the props.
Did I not use the KA-50 for an air combat sim? I could have sworn I did...
By "air combat sim" I mean a game like CoD, BoS, RoF or Flaming Cliffs. A game with a set of opposing aircraft and a map. Flaming Cliffs has that. But notice the aircraft aren't full system planes. It would be impossible to create a game with 10 or 20 planes all to the level of the P-51 and Dora. It would literally take 20 years to make it. DCS Mig-21 or F86 aren't air combat sims. They're study sims. Not that they aren't really well done and cool. But it's a different type of flight sim.
Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5