I've read quite a few pages of this thread and was impressed when Jason dropped by for a few posts.
In terms of buying BoM, I personally just don't have an interest in the planeset except the P-40 and the cost being the same as BoS with less content, as let's not forget the map tools have been made, the dne has been created and tweaked, the main difference is the map, summer texture and a few new aircraft. Now, I do appreciate it takes time to create the aircraft (looking at TF behind the scenes the effort is impresssive) but charging the same again for less IMHO is going to put casual buyers of at least.
I do see people saying it's 'only' the cost of a night out having a meal and a few drinks but using that analogy for buying BoM it's like going out to a Restaurant on a Monday, having a starter, main course and sweet with a nice bottle of wine, then going to the same venue on the Tuesday and paying the same price but only getting the Starter, Main Course and a can of coke.
Currently I am still interested to see what BoS does and where it goes after BoM, but as regards buying BoM at full price, I just don't have the enthusiasm to throw my money at it after being in the EA for BoS.
There are things that BoS does that I really like (pilot animation), but it's just not enough for me to blindly throw my money at it until I see what is actually going to be released (not getting caught out again with graphic options locked and the unlock fiasco) to the community.