Quote:
Originally posted by FlyXwire:
What was advised previously is "don't sim the sim"......excellent advice by Dart!

1) No biplanes mounted rotary engines in WW2, not even the U-2/Po-2.

2) Maybe a comparison should be made with those airfoil sections.....you might be surprised.

3) No production biplanes used variable-speed props in WWI.

.....the list goes on......

What has been expressed already is that IL-2 long ago exceeded RB3D in flight modeling fidelity, and well before this current effort to adapt it to WWI (you don't have to agree....and that's no problem). \:\)
Sighhhhhhh.

Well okay first S! FX!

No, none of the biplanes have all the elements yet all of those elements are presently capable by the IL2 engine.

From the biplanes I think we can get a good idea of how well IL2 engine will do two sets of wings even if only by idle power gliding with prop pitch as close to feather as possible.

-----------------------------------------------

Yeah I know of OFF and while tempted I still also do not see or hear from my old RB buddies of any mass exodus in that direction despite the coverage on some forums including SWWISA. So I just dunno.

From Sensei I understand that CFS3 AI rates really low, perhaps that's it I just don't know.

Has CFS3 gone bargain bin yet? And I don't mean dropped from $50 clear down to $40 either. $20 or under and I'd give it a try... maybe. I gave my I paid full price for copy of CFS original away since it was to me a waste of time after 3 months.