I just checked, my level is 251 and I still get 2 shotted by some of the tougher enemies.
My problem is that I panic when I get surprised by a tough enemy or when going into a boss fight and this has been my downfall countless times. I end up hitting the wrong button, switching out my weapon or drinking the wrong flask lol.
With me being a castor primarily I usually have to be locked on so the camera has been my foe many times as well.
There are certainly a lot of smithing stones getting dropped in the first part of this DLC though. Have you got the smithing stone miners bell bearings? I take it you have but untill near the end of the game you are stuck on lavel 6 somber stones. I haven't unlocked passed that either.
I am just dipping my toe into the DLC but still going back to mop up and progress a little further.
DLC is absolutely gorgeous though.
Mick.
"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"