I approach PC gaming like I did dating. If the chemistry and spark isn't there during the first encounter then it's probably best to move on. The controls are a bit awkward because as you probably guessed from the interface, the game is really console-based but ported to PC. I eventually got used to the controls and adapted. I also used a keyboard and mouse exclusively. Yes, the game is optimized to be played with a console controller but it can be done with keyboard and mouse if you have some patience.

The red blood stained areas I found to be helpful because it provides a clue that you are approaching a dangerous area. Elden Ring is definitely not a game for players who don't like to die often because with this game, you WILL die often until you learn how the game works and you have some good equipment. Being killed by the tutorial boss is expected unless you are some kind of gaming prodigy. smile


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”