So I have close to 11 hours in the game and I'd like to share my initial experiences.
This game has an incredible amount of lore and world-building and the aesthetic is just gorgeous.
The combat has been both fun AND frustrating. I've made the rookie mistake of misunderstanding how the playable game world works. I didn't realize just how open ended it is with regards to exploration. I have now stumbled upon several "bosses" and other enemies who were much stronger than me and of course I died. There is absolutely no hand-holding here with warnings on which parts of the map should be off-limits if you are still a relatively low level character.
It's also quite apparent that the combat is optimized for a game controller/pad and NOT a keyboard and mouse. Sorry but I'm not switching so I will learn how to manage with a keyboard and mouse.
I also checked out the Steam forums for this game and found post after post from people complaining about just how difficult the combat is so I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Anyway, is anyone else here playing the game?
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/04/2211:05 AM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”