After spending a few days with my R3volution, there are few things (pretty important things to me) that really bug me and they both pertain to flightsimming.
1. I'm 6"4 and the wheel mount is still too high. Literally, the wheel is about upper chest level. So, if you use a yoke, you are basically pulling the yoke into your high chest area which is very unrealistic. It's awkward and unnatural feeling. The stand is adjustable, but that is at the lowest setting! I'm not surte anybody outside of an NBA basketball player would ever need to adjust the mount up.
2. The seat height has no adjustability. See #1.
3. The tiny wheel mount does not seem to accept a CH Yoke (at least the Eclipse won't work). First, the flat area itself is too small. The yoke sits on the top just fine, however, this put the side clamps used on the CH Eclipse either at very sharp angles facing inwards (very unstable), or placing the mounts so they contact the spars (very unstable and pretty much just doesn't work).
So, basically, if you have a CH Eclipse (or I'm guessing a standard CH Yoke) like me, the Obutton R3volution just won't work. It seems wierd since CH is so popular, you'd think the yokes would be easily attachable. Perhaps this stand works better with a center-post mounting system like that of the Saitek?
4. There are no additional attachments for the center post to change the steering/yoke height OR add-on to make another "level" lower for attacking wheels/yokes. The table for the Ozone won't work with the R3volution.
These are a few of the issues I noticed. While I like my R3volution, I may have steered clear if I knew there was no seat height adjutability. I honestly can't see somebody smaller than 6"+ enjoying this steering height for flying sims or racing sims. I'm sure it is possible to buy some spacers for seat height but after spending $850+ not including the A10 Warthog mount it would have been nice to get more adjustability in the seat height/spinal area where a wheel/yoke attaches.
I don't know, the rig is definitely stable, but I'm not sure how feasible it is for anything outside of a work/FPS rig (or if you play DCS A10....the A10 mount is AWESOME). The stearing column/yoke height is just TOO high. It needs to be about 3-5 inches lower and wider for pilots who want to use a yoke. Really, this is what sort of puts me off the most. I'm considering just using my desk for Flightsims and the Obutto for FPS's....little expensive for a FPS setup though.
Anybody know if spacers would increase the seat height, and if so, where to buy them?