I was completing a sortie with 4 other a/c. We escorted a 2 seat over an Army camp to drop a few bombs. One re-crossing the lines met and engaged some Spads ( No lost a/c , No claims ) I chased my target for a while then let down to land as he flew away. I was on short final and just over the Fence when Tac ka Tac ka and had 3 rounds hit my rudder as a Spad Flashed by. Cutting Power and kicking the rudder , I slewed to a stop and ran for a hole to jump in. I must protest the un sportsman like attitude of these French Fly-boys.
Oh boy, I can certainly relate to that!! I have had at least three such incidents. I have learned to be paranoid when approaching my home field!!
(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4