FedEx guy never gets to my house before noon, but did today.
I've inserted the wheel/yoke mount upside down with the intention of mounting my CH MFP there facing me vice being on a table top.
New monitor should arrive thursday or friday.
I was a bit skeptical about how my CH Combatstick (with it's wide base) would work out using the flight package center mount and CH propedals (with their narrowish spacing). I have the pedal tray on the lowest angle, without being on the floor, and found no "rubbing discomfort" issues while going from full left to full right rudder. Just enough clearance to be comfortable.
So Happy I found this thread and the Obutto. I have tried a few homemade PVC designs, and always ended up back at my old desk for 1 reason or another. This pit is realatively inexpensive, and with it's modular design, smallish foot print, and swiveling keyboard tray is exactly right for what I wanted. And, I find the seat pretty comfortable too!