I notice everyone seems to be mounting the keyboard tray on the righr, and wonder whqt the reasonfor that is. I hqve set mostof obutto up, but the flight stick mount is out of stock at main pc right now, so i dont yet have that component. I was thinking of setting it up as follows: keyboard tray on left, throttle on left, and joystick on right. I dont plan on using a center mounted joystick because i would like to be able to use the joystick and keyboard and mouse for games like BF3, so hqving the keyboard tray on left and joystick on right seems a better solution. No need to remove stick.

Anyone know if this is possible? I am hoping that the keyvoard tray will be high enough above the throttle that i can just rotate the tray in towards me and It will clear the throttle, and have the joystick on the right for games like bf3.


What do you folks do?


PS do you guys with the acrylic tabletop who dont use a yoke or steering wheel attach the tabletop to the steering wheel mount with velcro like in option 1 or do you hardmount it by drilling holes and attaching with bolts, as in option 2? I wont be attaching a yoke or steering wheel, and wonde if e qcrylic tqbletop will be securee enough with just velcro. I am hoping velcro is suffiecient because i dont want to mar the surface of the acrylic table by drilling bolts into it.



(ugh i ha typing on an ipad....sorry for the wretched spelling)

Last edited by peppergomez; 10/29/11 07:35 PM.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium