Originally Posted by AIRWOLFMUTLEY
Quote
My gameport Combatstick grip looks very different inside. The pcb is very simple and has no diodes on it (see pics). The stick is from 1998 and must have an early version maybe? I will check if the matrix is the same as yours when I have the time but it looks like I will have to add all the diodes myself.


Mine is a 1997 combatstick jane's edition. I didn't put any diodes on it. It's working pretty well.



Really nice combo, Airwolfmutley! I'm going for the Suncom Throttle myself. It will be the second conversion after I finish the Combatstick smile.


This is what the inside of my sticks base looked like, before I took out all the old parts:

[Linked Image]

There are even two seperate cable lines coming out of the grip! All the buttons were connected to the same ground. I took it all out and began to rewire it completely. Yours looks a lot more advanced to begin with!