Thasiet: You can also solder the wires flat to the vias, they dont need to go through the hole. Kbird is right in pointing out that this may easily cause a short.


A little update on another front. OSH Park initially sent me all PCBs on my latest order without the ground plane.. which really sucks as they dont work without a ground plane. So I had a chat with the support and they quickly resent the order, this time with intact ground plane. So to anybody who ordered the hardware debounced encoders and is missing the ground plane, I strongly suggest to contact OSH Park for a resend!

I also had some troubles in setting up the encoders, as I didnt connect my encoders to a common row pin but instead directly to ground. This would imo be a wasted pin because all the signals simply are pulled to ground on activation anyway. So after quite some time scratching my head I realized that I had to set an arbitrary pin as row, even though it does not even exist on the Arduino. Otherwise MMJoy for some reason doesnt recognize the encoders. Now it works beautifully and the hysteresis is only 1 ms. The shortest timers for software debouncing are 20 ms and even that may caus problems. I am pretty happy with the results!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I also finished up on my mini SOIC LM358 + MCP3202 amplifier (based on Debolestis amp) which is going to connect to a PS2 hall sensor thumbstick. The Thumbsticks I received were increadibly sticky, so I had to open the metal casing and degrease the whole thing. I guess these sticks have been laying around in some dirty warehouse for a while, because that grease was sticky and oxidized as crap... After soaking it in isopropanol and removing all the old grease it now works smoothly as expected. I guess I shouldnt expect any better by buying them for 1,5 € pp on ebay...

[Linked Image]

Finally I started testing the correct values for the CH and Cougar pots. On the PCBs I forgot a trace as you may be able to see by the fat solder blob above the blue trim pot. rolleyes The final MR pot PCBs will feature 0805 size SMD components and will fit completely on the inside of the pots. I am really excited for the CH pots, then I can finally start to mod the hell out of my gameport CH Pro Throttle and spike it with encoders and PS2 ministicks! yep

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by rel4y; 02/04/19 06:23 PM.